June 11, 2020
ECS End of the Year update
May 28, 2020
Important end of the year updates:
• Student work drop off June 10 and 11: This is the completion of work that students have done and needs to be reviewed/assessed by teachers. Work can be dropped off at the breakfast/lunch pick up sites (Burlington Flats, West Edmeston, and ECS) from 11 to 12. There will also be bins by the gym entrance if you need to drop off work at other times.
• Return of school property June 15: Parents/students will need to return all laptops, charging cords, textbooks, calculators, library books, 1000 Book Club, etc. These materials will be returned on Monday, June 15 from 8 -12 and 3-6 at the gym. Please place all school materials in a clear bag.
• Last Day of Instruction June 16: The last day of formal instruction will be June 16. Teachers will be providing assignments for students to complete.
• Report Cards Grades 5-12: Report cards will be available through the parent eSchool portal. If you do not remember your password or need to have this set up, please contact the guidance office at (607) 965-8674. If you still required a paper copy, please contact the guidance office and it will be mailed. PK-4 report cards will be mailed.
• Breakfast/Lunch Program: At this time, we are waiting for clarification of the breakfast/lunch program beyond June 30. We will provide an update once we have definitive guidance.
• Return to School in the Fall: The Governor will decide in July or August for when and how students will return to school in the fall. Once we have this information, we will notify you.
• School Based Health Zone: The School Based Health Zone is open on Thursdays, 8 – 4. You can call the SBHZ at (607) 965-6930.
• Graduation: Plans are being finalized with the Seniors. Unless there are new guidelines from the Governor or Otsego County, only the Seniors and their immediate family (parents, brothers, and sisters) will be allowed to attend. If there are any changes in our guidance, we will inform the community.
Link to entire Parent Letter
May 27, 2020
Edmeston School Based Health Center is open - see link below.
May 21, 2020
Here is an additional resource about understanding social anxiety:
May 4, 2020
Additional Resources for Parents:
April 27, 2020
All School Based Health Center enrolled patients and families can still reach the SBHC team by calling 844-ALL-SBHC (844-255-7242) (toll free).
Monday – Friday 8am-4pm
We are able help by:
- Answering questions about general health concerns as well as about COVID-19
- Scheduling visits with our Mental Health Clinicians using telemedicine (a computer, tablet or smart phone and internet connection is all that is needed).
- Schedule visits with our Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistant using telemedicine technology (a computer, tablet or smart phone and internet connection is all that is needed). We are able to care for patients with illnesses and follow up on ongoing conditions such as asthma, depression requiring medication and ADD/ADHD
- Completing request forms or letters.
April 16, 2020
Please read the following letter for updates on 4th quarter work, grades, and WiFi access.
April 7, 2020
Health insurance coverage article from New York State of Health.
April 3, 2020
Here are tips for parents to keep their children healthy during the virus. It is from the CDC
April 2, 2020
Please read the following letter for updates on the 3rd Quarter grading and Spring Break:
March 30, 2020
In order to provide students at home with opportunities for continual learning, WCNY has partnered with the Syracuse City School District to create the TV Classroom Network. WCNY's TV Classrooms are targeted for students
In order to provide students at home with opportunities for continual learning, WCNY has partnered with the Syracuse City School District to create the TV Classroom network. WCNY’s TV Classrooms are targeted for students in grades K-12 and provide curriculum on the subjects of ELA, math, science, health and physical education, history, and social studies. With schools closed and many children without internet access, WCNY is committed to providing educational opportunities to audiences of all ages. WCNY’S “TV Classroom” will allow children to continue to connect with real teachers and have the continuity of a classroom experience at home in Syracuse and across the 19 counties in Central New York.
The TV Classroom network will be aired from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays on WCNY’s GLOBAL CONNECT channel, and will be simulcast from wcny.org and WCNY’s Facebook page via a live stream on YouTube. The classes will also be published on demand on this page.
March 29, 2020
The link below is a good source of information and links for parents about social emotional learning and wellness.
March 27, 2020
Please read the following letter for an update from ECS about Covid-19:
- ECS Parent Update 3-27-20
If you don't have internet at home, you can bring students to ECS to access the WiFi either from the North Street or Gym parking lots. This is NOT a place for students to gather. Social distancing practices must be followed. That is, students should remain in their vehicle. Students who have ECS laptops can access the ECS Tablet WiFi or the guest WiFi. If you have issues, please call the Broome-Tioga BOCES help desk at (607) 766-3800.
March 24, 2020
For the most up to date information on the COVID-19 health care response, please contact your county health department, the New York State Department of Health (coronavirus.health.ny.gov), and check for updates from the federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC) (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus). It is crucial that everyone continue to follow CDC guidelines for preventing COVID-19.
The federal government has provided states with new resources and flexibility to grant unemployment benefits to workers laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Unemployment claims are now being expedited. Please visit the Department of Labor’s website: labor.ny.gov/unemploymentassistance.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues electronic benefits that can be used like cash to purchase food. SNAP helps low-income working people, senior citizens, the disabled, and others feed their families. Learn more to see if you are eligible and apply for SNAP here: www.ny.gov/services/apply-snap. Our local food banks can also help with this application.
Additional food bank resources can be found by calling:
Food Bank of the Southern Tier - (607) 796-6061
Food Bank of Central New York - (315) 437-1899
Meals on Wheels provides nutritious home-delivered meals to help seniors and people with disabilities. You can learn more about eligibility and services available in your neighborhood by visiting www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/find-meals.
March 20, 2020Please read the following letter for an update from ECS about Covid-19:
- ECS Parent Update 3-20-20
March 18, 2020Any students who are having issues logging on to their laptops or Schoology accounts, please call the SCRIC help desk at 607-766-3800 and they will be able to help.
If you have a student that has an IEP or a 504, please read the following letter:
- Parents of Students with IEP or 504 letter
WCNY Classroom Link
Also, for anyone who this applies to, the deadline for students attending nonpublic schools has been extended to April 15th.
March 17, 2020We have created an ECS email account to keep our line of communication open with parents and community members during our schools closure. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. We will reply to you as quickly as possible.
ECS will be providing breakfast and lunch at no cost Monday through Friday for any person 18 years old and younger until April 13th. Our staff called families to determine who would like to participate in this program. If you declined the breakfast and lunch oppotunity and have changed your mind, you may call the school at 965-8931 to let us know you would like to participate. There will be three pick up locations from 11-12 pm starting on March 18:Parents who were unable to pick up student materials and work, please call the school at 965-8931 and arrange for a pick up time.
- Edmeston Baptist Church
- West Edmeston Baptist Church
- Burlington Flats Baptist Church
If you are not able to pick up the breakfast, please call the school and we will figure out another option.
March 16, 2020Please read the following letter for an update from ECS about Covid-19
- School Closure and Parent UpdateIn additional, Charter will be offering free wifi to families for 60 days. Please click the link below for more information: